Thursday, January 28, 2010

State of MY Union

The State of the Union is an annual address presented by the President of the United States to the United States Congress. The address not only reports on the condition of the nation but also allows the president to outline his agenda and national priorities to Congress.[1]

As I look at the State of MY OWN Union, I realize THERE ISN'T ONE. I have been on the same merry go round for about 3 years. Like Obama, there are obstacles to overcome, but when I took this on, I was at a deficit. I had been running the streets like a mad woman doing everything I was big enough and bad enough to do. So I can relate to the leader of the Free World when he points out that this has been a BUZZSAW month.
I am a happy and proud DEMOCRAT who supports our President and First Lady. I love what they represent as a strong family unit. They look so IN LOVE and it is apparent that they have a strong PARTNERSHIP. Today, a friend and I talked about how awesome it must be to have a partner to walk down the road with in the sunshine and the rain.
Our President then went on to say that ALL Parties involved were gonna have to start getting along and working together. I don't know how this applies to my love life and my dating scenario other than, I have to really and consciously make a point to make time and energy for dating and all it entails.
I really feel like an Obama Groupie because I was hanging on his every word. What was better that the things he said were the things he didn't say. He had this stalwart and firm stance. His tone of voice was so no nonsense that I felt like he was reprimanding ME.....and I kinda liked it.
The most powerful part of the State of the Union (#SOTU) was the end when he said "We're not quitting and I'm not quitting" I guess if I am on board with the Administration, then I am all the way and I am not quitting either. I am in this for the long haul. I am not going to stop trying and I am not going to stop doing my best (the Fourth Agreement)
As I head into the next arena, I am going to be more proactive. I am not going to waste my time, or anybody else's. I am going to be about ACTION. That's what Obama asked us to do a year ago, and that's what he asked for lastnight.

No comments: