Friday, January 15, 2010

Running with Scissors

When I was young, adults admonished me not to run with scissors. The fear was that I might stab or cut myself. Funny how I ran without that same fear. My theory is that I had a higher understanding of my pain threshold and would take myself to the limit. As we divide ourselves into tiny pieces to accommodate all our personal and professional obligations, we frequently cut ourselves too closely, because we overestimate our tolerance for pain.
As for me, I think I have cut myself too closely in my love life. I find it hard to nurture and sustain one. I am going to make the effort to cut less of my love life and more of my extraneous work related over achievement ways.
Pray for me....

1 comment:

tiye scott said...

Great analogy...i never thought about it but we DO cut ourselves too close (or just cut ourselves up) for things that might be good but aren't the things that will make our hearts sing...