Sunday, September 17, 2006

Who am I to disagree?

It's not true that animals can smell fear. I have long known this, but it was tonight on a dark walk with my dog that the point was driven home. The police were circling my neighborhood obviously looking for something (or someone). When I realized how far from home I was, I attempted to speed up the walk, but my dog (oblivious to my fear) was casually strolling like another day. She was doing her thing and taking her sweet time I might add.

The same can be said for the opposite sex smelling desperation. My experiences have been that when you think a man smells desperation or fear, it is usually his upper lip. You see, he is just as scared as you are. His biological clock ticks just as loudly. He only hopes he has disguised the sound preferably with a Porsche or Harley Davidson. Like women, men rush in and out of relationships with people they are not necessarily meant to be with. They endure situations out of convenience, complacency and fear. We just can't smell it.

Many times a man will rush out to play the field when all he really wants to do is come on in to something (or someone) good. He's just scared to leave the game before something REALLY good happens. By the time these men calm down, they are used, spent, jaded. Or worse, out of gas. There is no real value in someone who is simply exhausted from playing the field. He usually rushes to settle down with the first person he can put up with, or who will put up with him.

This quest is for THE ONE who knows there isn't very much quality out there. Just quantity. Someone who knows the game isn't loyal to one player, and knows how to quit on top. In the dating game, it can become a maze of people looking for people. Some of them want to use you, for any number of reasons (physical, financial, emotional). Conversely, some of them want to get used by you. There are actual male martyrs out there and they need a woman to exploit them. This justifies whatever Neanderthal concepts they have about the dance between women in men. It actually makes them feel important to be used. This is the person who brags in the form of complaints. It doesn't take a Rhodes Scholar to realize that EVERYBODY'S LOOKING FOR SOMETHING. As a matter of fact, I think the Eurythmics said it in 1984.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Uhh... The Four Agreements book had been mentioned to me before but I didn't think anything of it... Maybe I should check it out. Assuming is nothing more, to me, than intuition and why should we not trust our inhibition? I also agree that we do have scripted happenings going on upstairs, we have to, at some point, just let those play out too because something we may be trying to avoid could have been at the end, but we wouldn't know if we stop our movies...