Friday, October 02, 2009

What are YOU waiting for?

What are you waiting for?
One of my clients ( a mentally ill woman, I might add) told me last week that she was waiting for her KING. By this she meant a man who was her EVERYTHING. He was already ready already and according to her, GOD had shown her that her KING was in New York and she was ready to drop everything, including her children, to go be with him.
I halfway got excited. Don't we all want a KING? Aren't we all "QUEENS TO BE-e-eee?" I was on her side, except for the whole leaving her kids part. THEN she told the rest of the story: This "KING" was living with his mother and going through a divorce. See what had happened was... he had to get his house in order before she could get up there. She did too. I quickly disengaged. Heard it all before.
Isn't it funny how quickly we cling to the White Knight Myth? Even when we know he is NOT real? For a split second, I thought she had the magic jewel in the crown of dating....I was like, DANG! WHY NOT ME?
So now, here's the question: Do you believe HE is out there? And by HIM, I mean that all good and perfect man to take you away from the doldrums of single life into the elevated status somewhere beneath Kamora Lee Simmons, but above Tyra Banks with a twinge of Heidi Klum and Angelina Jolie mixed with Halle Berry? Who is your HIM? And by that I mean, your "I love me some HIM?" For me that man is THE BOSS. He has control without overexerting it. He has influence over me and all things without abusing it (or me). He is the BOSS of all...And my answer is: I HOPE HE'S OUT THERE.

No comments: