Monday, October 26, 2009

Motivation

What is the big motivator for you to do the things you do? Is it to make yourself happy? or to make others happy? For example, I am fanatical about my eyebrows. This isn't to be more appealing to the opposite sex ( I doubt straight men care), nor is it to compete with other women. It's just MY thing....What motivates me to pluck, arch, wax, fill in, threat, bleach and torture my eyebrows? ME! I am my own motivation. Now as for the gym where being healthy should be the motivation in and of itself, MY SKINNY JEANS are my motivation. I want to be back in them for myself...I THINK..

What makes otherwise sane individuals get all dressed up, smell all good, get the nails and feet DID to stand in uncomfortable shoes that cost a pretty penny and "enjoy" libations in a public watering hole where others of the opposite gender MIGHT be, when they could stay home in their sweats and chill?

What's the motivation?

Do The Girlz and I really go out "JUST TO HANG?" or are we looking to get hung? Are The FELLAZ just chillin at the spot, cuz they just got off work and they like paying the price of a 6-pack for one beer? The fresh cuts, The cars, the gear?? Are these all things they'd do anyway if no women were around?

Is it purely social? REALLY?

No comments: