Friday, August 18, 2006

The journey begins

2006 is my year for Real Love, you know someone to set my heart free. My marriage ended about 5 or 6 (depending on who you ask) years ago and I am finally ready to share my whole self with someone else. Sure, I’ve got friends, I’ve got a supportive family, I even have a fulfilling job. I am, for the most part a content and happy single woman. I am enjoying my 30s except for one part: Dating…Where are my male counterparts? Where are the guys who are happy and whole, or at least in the 85th percentile? For the next 12 months I plan to make myself more available to dating options extended to me. See, it’s not because men have not pursued me, it’s because I have not exactly been receptive. I don’t play games with men. I made it clear on more than one occasion that I wasn’t interested in a relationship. It is my personal theory that this made me more attractive to men, and now I will see if by saying yes more often, the men run for the hills.

I have invited my girls along on this journey. We live in different demographic areas and have different lifestyles. Not drastically different, but we are going to compare notes and we’d like for you to join us..

No comments: