Tuesday, October 31, 2006

THUNDER ONLY HAPPENS WHEN IT'S RAINING

So here I go, I see the Crystal Vision
I keep my visions to myself

What can we do when we just stop believing in the feelings? I am naturally an optimistic and outgoing friendly person. But I must admit: Sorting out the dating game can be exhausting. I think the Fleetwood Mac quote relevant here is: Players only love you when they're playing.
In dating we are used to the formalities of the games, the lies, the stories that have been embellished and eventually the truth which pales in comparison.
It is the fear of appearing vulnerable and boring that perpetuate the stories. We even tell them. Stories are always so much better than the truth huh? I have been hearing some good stories lately about things like babies-mammas, ex-girlfriends who were sooo selfish and cruel. It makes us look bad ladies when HIStory is told. It makes me wonder how our books in high school would have been written if the Native Americans could have edited them. It requires a woman in the dating game (cause that's what it is) to be a detective. A bone collector. Just waiting for the skeleton bones to fall out inadvertently in conversation. This is very complicated for me and I really HATE it, but in the interest of this blog I am listening to an even NEWER batch of fables being woven by some that would put Aesop to shame. How can one man in one life withstand so much heartache, rejection and just romantic misfortune. I tell you ladies, it is amazing what a man will say when it is his turn to tell the tale. This month, I encourage you all to listen with your good ear. See what you hear that you have never heard before. If your experiences play out like mine, you will be amazed and amused. Here in the south I have been acquainted with an old saying that goes, if it doesn't come out in the wash, it will come out in the rinse. Fleetwood Mac brings that line to a close with the most important point: When the rain washes you clean you'll know. Just let the story tell itself, the truth is bound to come out. Don't lose your patience with the players, the naysayers and all the other cast of characters. Just get out there (please) and date with an open mind. Enjoy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was a good one, especially for me. I have a bad habit of doing too much "selling" of myself and being too giddy to be DISCERNING. I need to do this better because I can think of at least one person that never would have made it past a week of my time had I done this...