Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Spin Cycle

You spin me right round

baby right round

like a record baby

right round

round round



I am FINALLY detecting a pattern. There is a clear seasonal flow to my love life, due mostly to my work schedule. When things are hectic at work, my love life is non existent. I don't even yearn for that special someone to come home to. I rather enjoy the silent compliance of my dog and look forward to our long weekends together.

Then the HOLIDAY Season approaches and old familiar flames rekindle. This is the result of the general feel good warm and fuzzies that spark in us all during the cool weather high holiday season. This is also the time my College Sweat Heart and my Ex-Husband start feeling all sentimental with the calls, gifts and visits.



After the holidays come the DEAD of Winter. This separates the Men from the Boys. When the snow is up to my knees and my furnace is on her last leg I am the most vulnerable. The good news is that only a small select few are willing to brave the elements and warm my heart.



When the thermostat rises, so does the temperature in my office. Conversely, my love life goes into a tailspin. By June, men I haven't heard from in a million years start calling trying to get into the rotation. These summer loves are thoughtful, however, time is not on their side. I have lost any and all interest in them because I am busy tying up loose strings at work and preparing for the much needed vacation with my family. This is when they want me the most.



This year I have decided to look at the cycle and try to fix it. I am trapped in a bad version of my favorite movie; Groundhog Day. In the movie Bill Murray is trapped in the same day over and over again until he figures out how to correct his mistakes. I am trapped in the spin cycle and am trying to figure out what lesson the Universe is trying to teach me. What am I doing to remain in this holding pattern? Is it just my comfort zone? Am I a part of the problem and not the solution?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet blog, I had not noticed i-shaved-my-legs-for-this.blogspot.com before in my searches!
Keep up the excellent work!