Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Nice Guys FINISH....

IF its true that Nice Guys Finish Last, then I have to ask WHY? Why is it when we meet "NICE Guys" we are turned off? Are we really waiting for IKE TURNER to come beat us down?
A male friend (whom I respect) recently told me that I was not giving nice guys a chance, but I would probably follow Ike Turner to the ends of the earth...I disagreed with him, but his point was valid (for women other than me). In dating Nice=Boring and that other guy, he makes us feel .........I really don't know. Still searching for answers.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

In my experiences as a "nice guy", women didn't understand how to interpret the "nice guy" treatment. A gentle man is interpreted to be passive, and further interpreted to be lacking manhood.
The behavior that stem from the patriarchal mentality that suppress women is the same behavior that woman deem "being a man" or "acting like a man". Behavior including, mannerisms, posture, tone, even how we engage sexually due to our mentality.
We've come to enjoy

Unknown said...

In my experiences as a "nice guy", women didn't understand how to interpret the "nice guy" treatment. A gentle man is interpreted to be passive, and further interpreted to be lacking manhood. And this interpretation has its roots in how patriarchy is embedded in our mentalities.
The behavior that stem from patriarchal thinking that suppresses women is the same behavior that woman are conditioned to deem "being a man" or "acting like a man". Behavior including, mannerisms, posture, tone, even how we engage sexually due to our embedded patriarchal mindset.