Tuesday, May 05, 2009

The Young and The Restless

If there is one Soap Opera that is recognized by the music, it is the Young and the Restless. When you hear that piano, you automatically know what it is....it's a soap....

The other day, in an attempt to get to the golf course, my special friend said to me "I can't help myself, I'm just restless." Just like that, a light went off in my head and my heart. The past three serious relationships I have had have been with men who had wandering hearts. Men who have looked off into the distance and pursued unattainable goals. As a young girl in love, this was exciting! It was mysterious!!

I have now recognized that my attraction was to men who had unsettled hearts. I used to think it was ambition, but it is instability. The irony here is that I am not the most stable person but I am able offer stability to my partners. This is in part because of my loyal nature and because I come from a stable background and am able to imitate it well. I guess I am such a great actress that I'm trapped in a terrible Soap Opera.

As a reformed Soap Opera addict I learned early that they are full of drama by their very nature. The year after my divorce my personal mantra was " I REFUSE TO LIVE IN A SOAP OPERA!" Those first years I was living in one big romantic comedy and it was fun. It was inspirational, but this Soap Opera is going to have to be downgraded to a mini-series. The mini-series is a lost art. My mom and I used to love watching mini-series {Thornbirds was one of my favorites} not just because they were juicy, but because the suspense would eventually end. Soap Operas have no ending, so I am giving up this Soap Opera like I did in college. No more for me.

I have taken the liberty of naming my own, what is yours? How are THE DAYS OF YOUR LIVES? Are you BOLD AND BEAUTIFUL? Do you live with PASSION AS THE WORLD TURNS? My suggestion is to be your own GUIDING LIGHT and don't end up in GENERAL HOSPITAL because at the end of the day you only have ONE LIFE TO LIVE.

No comments: